SUMMER POSITIONS ARE FILLED! THANKS TO ALL WHO APPLIED! -2 positions
Position Title: Shelter Assistant with CAPS (Companion Animal Protection Society) in Annapolis County
Time frame: Each position will encompass 280 hours spanning a period of 8-9 weeks, beginning mid-late June, 2019
Remuneration: minimum wage
Successful candidates will report directly to CAPS Chair
Applications close: May 17, 2019
Under the supervision of our CAPS Chairperson, the successful applicants will be working directly with the animals at our largest shelter in Margaretsville, Annapolis County.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Daily changing/washing of litters
• Daily feeding of animals
• Daily cleaning of shelter facilities
• Laundry as required
• Assist with hands-on animal care and grooming, as required
• Administering medications as required, under supervision
• Documenting all procedures and medications
• Transportation of animals to and from veterinary appointments
• Helping with fund raising events, on and off site
• Office duties (answering phone, filing, charting) as required
• Other duties as required
• Canadian citizen or permanent resident
• Age 19 – 29 years of age
• Must be up to date on tetanus vaccination
• Current driver’s license and/ access to transportation
• Previous experience with CAPS is not required, but would be an asset
• Passion for animals
• Experience working with companion animals -particularly cats
• Strong self-starter with initiative, able to follow direction
• Trustworthy, able to work alone
• Ability to work in an environment with various scents associated with cleaning solutions, disinfectants and animals.
• Strong background and abilities in computer and website/design
• Uphold confidentiality standards
• Must be exceedingly well organized, capable, motivated, possess a strong work ethic
• Ability to positively interact with the public, staff and other volunteers
Schedule: To be negotiated.
The position entails a very flexible schedule with a combination of weekday and weekend hours.
Thank you for your interest in CAPS. However, only those applicants who meet the above minimum requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Please e-mail resume, including three references, to email@example.com
For additional information contact CAPS at 825-2277.